Sunday, February 10, 2019

New Videos - February 2019

This month has some great albums coming out, but that doesn't stop me from checking out videos.  Here's what I've found this time!


Iron Savior has been in the power metal world for a while, but take a more sci-fi route with their lyrics and story-telling.  Perhaps not the most innovative, but certainly a fun listen.  As far as I'm concerned, we can't have enough epic power metal!


Bloodbound is another band that's been cranking out power metal since the hey-day of the 2000s, and they play it like it never went out of style! Sure, lyrics about fantasy and dragons might be clichéd for the genre, but if it's done this well, who cares?!


Alright, here's something different.  Tremonti is clearly a band I've been sleeping on because this rocks real hard!  I've admitted before that I'm only really familiar with his work on Creed, but if he cranks out stuff like this on his own, I have some catching up to do!


I can't say I've heard of this band before, but Darkwater seems to bring some nice, melodic progressive metal here.  Mixing solid uptempo energy with a brooding atmosphere, and some nice synth leads, there's lots to like here!


Here's an interesting group!  Combining former members of Judas Priest, Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osbourne, and the Scorpions, we get a decent, hard rockin' track that shows potential.  Calling themselves A New Revenge, they might be someone worth keeping an eye on.


Let's finish with something very different.  I admit I'm not familiar with Status Quo (which Francis Rossi is known for), but I stumbled across this song and it gives me a very strong ELO feel (like a folky "Mr. Blue Sky").  Worth a listen, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment