Monday, September 30, 2019

New Videos - September 2019 Part Two!

Well, got this in just in time!  As the month wraps up, I've got some more videos for you, full of the rock and metal that's new and fresh!  Check them out!


Oh my!  More Sabaton!  I've actually listened to this whole album finally, and this tribute to Sergeant York is one of the best tracks on The Great War.  Just a lot of fist-pumping fun!


This upcoming album just sounds better and better with each new song!  Alter Bridge just keeps crunching on with their icon hard rock sound, and this is some of the best I've heard all year!  If the rest of their album is as good as this, I can hardly wait!


Jeff Lynne is back with his iconic mix of rock and symphonic pop!  Going as Jeff Lynne's ELO, the song has a nice, laid-back quality.  With the tight vocal harmonies and orchestral staging (and the title!), the really does feel like a callback to the classic Out of the Blue album.  If only the production wasn't quite so muddy.


For all the metal I talk about here, it might be strange to bring up Huey Lewis, but I can't deny his music just puts a smile on my face.  Here, they sound like they haven't missed a step from their pub-friendly doo-wop/blues rock they played in the 80s. While their new album is still in the works, this definitely shows promise!


Some of the fun of doing this blog is discovering bands I might not have otherwise.  Kobra and the Lotus is a good example.  I guess they've been around for about 10 years, but I don't think I've heard them before this video, but it sounds like I've been missing out!  Here we have an epic hard rock song with some very nice cinematic flourishes!  And if this is their standard sound, I'm going to have to follow up on them!


The Ferryman is another Magnus Karlsson project, featuring Ronnie Romero on vocals, and it really crunches along like a German Allen-Lande.  Big and epic, with Romero's voice really soaring while maintaining strength and power.  Great stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment