Saturday, April 3, 2021

New Videos - April 2021!

I'm starting to catch up on newer releases again, and it's definitely thanks in part to these video articles.  I love finding out new bands or classic bands putting out new material.  This one is a little heavy on the power metal, but I found some great stuff and had to share it!

Let's start with something nice and crunchy!!  Warrior Path straddle the line between traditional heavy metal and power metal, making for something that's epic, but still very grounded.  This song also features a lot of catchy little riffs, kinda making me think of early HammerFall or Dream Evil.

I'll admit my feelings about Greta Van Fleet are complicated (in fact, I'm working on an article dedicated to my thoughts on their music), but I want to wait to the new album first before publish that.  In the meantime, while other singles have left me lukewarm, this one builds quite nicely, actually.  Here's hoping their new album has more solid material like this.

More epic power metal, again like old Dream Evil or Edguy.  However, the fact that all their songs are based on the D&D setting of Dragonlance is what stood out to me, as I remember enjoying those books when I was in high school.  Melodic and crunchy, with great vocals from Nick "The Metalizer" Protonotarios.

Another single from this upcoming Robin McAuley solo album.  This one is more at ease, going for a middling tempo, but still has a decent crunch on top of the acoustic guitars.  It's pretty standard AOR, but Robin's vocals really kick it up a notch, I think.


This just kinda popped up on my YouTube subscriptions, and I didn't know what to expect at first.  However, as I put it on, I was surprised to hear power metal in the vein of classic HammerFall.  Chunky, with a foot in traditional metal, and gang vocals on the chorus, this is some epic stuff!  Hammerschlag indeed!

After touring with their 3 vocalists/3 guitarists lineup for a few years, we finally get to hear some of the new stuff they've been cooking up, and it's pretty classic Helloween.  A bit odd to have a 7 minute "single edit" of a 12 minute epic, but it's fun and a bit proggy, with the calmer, "Space Oddity" moments between all the blast beats.  I'm definitely excited for this album, and this song only makes the wait harder!


No comments:

Post a Comment