Monday, October 31, 2022

New Videos - October 2022!

Happy Halloween!  Sorry for the last of articles this past month.  Things have been busy for me, and I haven't had time to catch up on things like I wanted to.  However, I should be ready to get back on track for the next few months.  In the meantime, I've certainly found some new videos for you.  Turn these up!

Speaking of albums to catch up, Allen/Olzon is very much near the top of that list.  While this single isn't as strong as the other singles, I can't deny the symphonic production really elevates the song without detracting from the two singers' talents.  Solid symphonic pop metal.

One Desire continue their track record of catchy, 80s inspired rockers, full of anthemic melodrama.  It sounds like they're carrying over the symphonic elements that they expanded on with their last album, which will certainly make whatever they do next sound huge.  Definitely on the best bands in the 80s retro rock scene.

Herman Frank and his new buddies have got another stomper metal track for us as their album comes out.  Once again, they got the anthem tone and style down pat, and I'm sure the rest of their debut album is going to be more of the same.  Some very headbang-worthy stuff here.

Now here's a throwback!  I remember when this band first showed up, blowing folks away with their NWOBHM-styled retro metal back in the late 2000s.  However, right away, they had a lot of lineup complications, and the band got kinda kicked around.  I wasn't even sure if they were still a thing, but here they are, blasting away like it's 1982!  Clearly inspired by classic Judas Priest, this track has plenty of guitar leads and riffs to satisfy the inner teenage metalhead of just about anyone.

Speaking of comebacks, this second single for Sword's new album is just as good as the first, going for more of a mid-tempo stomper with a slice of menace on the side.  I love that they have the same lineup as they did in the 80s and are carrying on like they haven't missed a step!  I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more from them on their new album.

Seven Kingdoms is a band I had seen around, but never really gotten to.  However, just based on this single, I think I've been missing out.  Between the high speed shredding and Sabrina Valentine's soaring vocals, this is power metal that demands attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment