Monday, July 31, 2023

New Videos - July 2023!

Wow, this summer is going faster than I expected!  I know it's been dang hot for everyone, but hopefully we can endure for another month or so.  In the meantime, I've got another handful of excellent new songs for you to check out.  

Despite enjoying some of Noveria's singles in the past, I never did get around to that album, and now they have another one coming out!  They've still got that technical riffing and epic sound, this time with a bit more of a symphonic flair.  Italian melodic prog metal really is a distinct and fascinating sound!

Yup.  Another Anthem single.  This one definitely aims for more of a Painkiller vibe with that double-kicking bass drum and driving chugs.  Also, that guitar solo is pretty solid.  I'm starting to think I need to get into this band sooner rather than later, as their singles are surprisingly consistent.

Is it bad that the most I knew about this band is that they were the reason Herman Li & Co. changed their name to DragonForce?  Well, it turns out they've got a solid heavy/power metal sound, much like Grave Digger.  With a catchy chorus and some solid guitar work, this single might inspire me to give them a shot now that they've got a new album coming out.

Yup.  More Primal Fear.  This one is definitely a mid-tempo stomper, getting to their classic metal roots.  So far, Ralf and company seem to be keeping their consistent quality with this one.  While it's definitely much like what they've done before, I'm still looking forward to their new album. 

So I guess earlier in the year, some of the guys from Vanden Plas started this side-project that's more of a hard rock/heavy metal group.  Finally catching up on it, I think they have a solid sound, though I think I could hear Andy Kuntz sing over just about anything.  In any case, it's got some crunchy riffs and decent melodies, with some synth layers behind it for good measure.  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment