Thursday, November 7, 2019

New Videos - November 2019!

Well, I'm hoping to finish the year strong, so I'm going to try and put out more stuff in the next two months.  I hope I haven't jinxed myself!  Anyways, here's some of the new stuff I've been enjoying lately.


Kind of picking up from where we left of last time, here's more power metal!  This trades in speed for a more epic scope, adding in some pulsing synths for that extra layer.  Definitely slick, catchy, and a lot of fun!


Eclipse seems to be riding the line between melodic metal and hard rock, and it's some very solid, anthemic stuff!  Balancing softer verses with harder choruses and some nice riffage in-between, this will put your fist in the air in no time at all!


NEW YES MUSIC!!  This is the first new material we've had in 5 years.  Now, as it turns out, this is part of an EP of material written and recorded around 2010, so it's Benoit David singing.  Honestly, though, this sounds pretty good, and if the rest is just as solid, I can't wait to get my hands on the rest!


Covers are always a risky thing.  Sometimes they can fall pretty flat, but this is a very solid take on a song from a classic AOR band.  Perfect Plan maintain the classic 80s sound while bringing it up to date sonically.  Nice work!


Vanden Plas!  When I first came across these guys, I considered them a kind of "Dream Theater-lite" (not in a bad way!), but over time, I've been able to really get a feel for their iconic prog metal sound, and nothing has really changed with their new material.  Big, melodic, and a blast to listen to!


One more piece of metal from Moonlight Haze, this one really mixes the genres.  It's a bit proggy, very symphonic, a dash of power metal, and some synths for good measure, but it all sounds great together!  Tying it all together is some great melodies and very strong vocals!


No comments:

Post a Comment