Saturday, December 7, 2019

New Videos - December 2019!

Well, one month left, and a lot of rock and metal to cover!  I'm hoping I can put out as many articles as I did in November (that was a productive month!), so that I'll have a lot of momentum when the new year starts!  In the mean time, here's some new stuff I've come across lately!


More power metal?  Yeah, I know, but I can't help it!  Especially when it sounds like 90s Stratovarius or Edguy!  Full of high-speed riffing and melodies, Frozen Crown is pure epicness!


A team-up of a bunch of AOR guys, we got a nice, hard rockin' song that seems to fit just between rock and metal.  I admit W.E.T. is another new one for me, but I guess they've been making albums for a few years, and if it all rocks like this, I'm gonna have to do some digging!


More of The Ferrymen!  Here we have a real melodic cruncher with some lightning fast solos to spice it up.  Along the way, Ronnie Romero provides his epic vocals that push this song that much further.  Turn this one up!


Another great piece of melodic metal from Nordic Union!  Ronnie Atkins is just as epic as Romero (and has been for much longer!), and the guitars just crunch right along with him.  Great stuff from these guys once again!


Going for more of a folky style of symphonic power metal is Cathubodua, this is the right mix of crunchy guitars, orchestral sweeps, and epic female vocals!  Perhaps a bit melodramatic, but this is definitely for those who miss the classic Nightwish sound, like myself.


Let's finish with something fun!  GloryHammer is a band that's been around for a while, providing some of the cheesiest power metal this side of 1992 (it's complicated).  While their songs can be quite over-the-top and silly, this one doesn't go too far into weirdness territory, making for some pretty solid metal.


No comments:

Post a Comment