Tuesday, January 28, 2020

New Videos - January 2020 Part Three!

So between catching up on videos and keeping an eye on the new stuff made filling out another article pretty dang easy!  But when there is so much good stuff to share, I can't hold back!  Check these ones out!


Well this is something!  George Lynch has teamed up with this singer named Dino Jelusick who seems to sound like a cross between Coverdale and Dio.  The song itself has a very 70s metal vibe, like Rainbow, the slow chugging giving Lynch plenty of time to get his licks in, Blackmore-style.


Human Fortress is a power metal band I had never heard of, but this certainly shows promise!  This song just thunders through, and the riffs have a heavier, grittier feel that keeps it grounded.  The solo is a little underwhelming, but otherwise a pretty fun song!


Pretty Maids is an old-school metal band that never really made it big in the US, but was influential in Europe.  Here, they're treading into AOR territory with a solid, romantic rock song.  Ronnie Atkins' voice remains powerful, so here's hoping he'll recover from his lung cancer so he can keep singing!


It's official: this Nightwish/Sonata Arctica hybrid is just blowing my mind!  I need to go back and listen to their albums, I guess, because this kind of epic power metal is checking all the boxes for me.  Loving it!


Zak Stevens of Circle II Circle and Savatage has come forward with a new project keen on carrying on his heritage of progressive/US power metal.  The song is big, but not heavy, keeping things light and free.  Definitely curious about where he'll go with this.



Wow, have some epic melodic rock!  I don't know if I've ever heard an AOR song sound this huge!  I admit I haven't heard of H.E.A.T. before, but I know they've hit the middle of my radar with this one!  Incredible track!!  (Also, I just realized that I have two songs in a row titled "Rise," but who cares!  They're both great!)


No comments:

Post a Comment