Monday, June 29, 2020

New Videos - June 2020 Part Two!

I'm glad I was able to get this last one in at the end of June.  Things have been a little all over the place this month, but there's just so much to cover!  Anyways, a lot of artists make a comeback in this one, but when they keep cranking out the good stuff, how can I turn it down?!


This is One Desire's second single from their new album, and I'm impressed!  Here, we see them get a little darker in their sound, but they haven't abandoned what made them great: catchy melodies and AndrĂ© Linman's great vocals.  I should probably push their second album much higher on my "to listen" list!


Course of Fate apparently have been around for a while, but they've finally released their debut this year, and this single shows a lot of promise.  Featuring more of a contemplative sound than most other prog metal bands, they still keep things sounding melodic and epic, with some very solid and deliberate song-writing.


From another album I still need to listen to, Olzon takes the lead on this one, making a great piece of symphonic metal.  Backed by some more solid guitar work by Magnus Karlsson, this album doesn't seem to have any bad tracks!


I've featured Black Swan on here before, and this is just more of the same kind of stuff that puts a big smile on my face.  Robin McAuley's great vocals, backed by huge riffs, and and solid melodic solo from guitarist Reb Beach.  Another rocker from a band that seems to be full of them.


Yup, more from this band.  I really like this style of crunchy-but-melodic prog metal.  It's not too excessive, but still very creative and dynamic, all while providing an epic sound with soaring vocals and crunchy riffs.  I guess I'm just a sucker for this kind of stuff!  Anyways, good song!  Check it out!


Yeah, I did these guys last time as well, but they're just keep providing solid melodic rock.  These guys really have a iconic sound, even under all the 80s touches, and it's just straight-forward rock and roll.  Can't go wrong with that!!


No comments:

Post a Comment