Friday, July 31, 2020

New Videos - July 2020 Part Three!

How about that?  I was able to pull together another article before the end of the month!  I wasn't sure if I was going to make it.  This time, expect a lot of metal!  \m/


So this is a pretty neat little song.  Blind Guardian is a decent reference point, with the epic scope and crunchy guitars, but staying grounded.  It's also a touch on the long side, but I think it works for what they're going for here.


More Primal Fear is always a good thing!  Their Judas Priest inspired style of power metal is such a thrill, and you get the impression they love playing it as well!  As expected, this is full of big, crunchy guitars and Ralf Scheepers huge voice!


Orden Ogan is a name I've seen around and heard many good things about, but never got to them until just now.  Power metal, with some proggy touches, is the nature of this one, with some great riffs and a neat solo (once you get to it).  Not sure if I like all the lens flares, though.


I know I usually don't do live videos for these articles, but I had never heard of this band before.  Redemption is very much prog metal, in the vein of Dream Theater or Symphony X.  In fact, that's Tom Englund from Evergrey on the vocals!  Technical, but not too dense, with some nice solos.


Well, this is a blast of metal if I've ever heard one!  Palace play a very classic style of 80s metal that would make their German countrymen proud, full of crunchy riffs and a driving tempo often heard in the likes of Accept and Rage, and the shout-along chorus is the cherry on top!


After all that metal, let's finish with something mellow.  Pattern-Seeking Animals already has their second album out (I don't think I ever got around to listening to their first one completely!).  Nice, melodic, mood-driven prog rock that's refreshing and pleasant.


No comments:

Post a Comment