Saturday, September 12, 2020

New Videos - September 2020 Part Two!

Well, I've been kinda inconsistent.  I end August with two "Last Played" articles, then start September with two "New Videos" articles.  Whatever, things are finally getting cooler, and I've got a bunch of new rock and metal videos for you!


Let's start of with some power metal.  This gives me some very big, The Fourth Legacy era Kamelot vibes.  Dramatic, and a bit dark, but plows ahead at full force, and letting the music do as much of the talking as the lyrics.


Okay, this one is doomier, at least at first.  It unleashes its massive, Sabbath-y riff to start, but once the song is about half-way, there's this jump, and we're suddenly in Iron Maiden territory, with the dual lead solos and all.  Then it's back into the doom riff, but more epic.  Great song!  I'm going to have to check more of these guys out!


I've seen this band around, but I think I'm finally onboard.  The video of the band members racing on the track got pretty silly, but this one better fits their style, which is classic power metal (like Stratovarius or Sonata Arctica) but with more modern symphonic touches.  Very epic!


So I guess the guitarist of Frozen Crown decided to do a sideband that's more traditional metal with some rock qualities to it.  Big and gritty, with some nice vocals. Solid stuff.


Looking at the description, this band seems to be moving to more of a blues-rock style of post-grunge.  I can't say I'm familiar with their older stuff, but this song has some nice dynamics to go along with the crunchy riffs.


Let's finish with another Arctic Rain track.  Once again, it's 80s-tastic, with melodic guitar leads, soaring vocals, layered synths, and a big chorus.  Sort of has a mix of Journey and Def Leppard vibes, this is AOR done well.


No comments:

Post a Comment