Wednesday, December 9, 2020

New Videos - December 2020!

I'm still trying to wrap up videos for this year, and I've got quite the variety here for you.  We're starting to see some previews of what next year will be like, and it seems as promising as ever, with plenty of rock and metal to look forward to.  

I clearly need to get on this album, as I think I've liked every video they've put out for it.  This is definitely the band on their proggier side, with shifts in tempo and mood throughout, with shades of their classic 70s sound.  Kansas has really turned into an interesting and curious band, recently.

W.E.T. is another one of those supergroups that Frontiers Records like to put together, this one being from multiple AOR groups.  I've featured them before, but now that they've got a new album coming, I'll have to check them out more fully.  This is an interesting track, with heavy riffs and a lighter chorus, but solid enough all around for my tastes.

As always, I'm a sucker for epic power metal, and this band has caught my attention.  Sitting somewhere between Gamma Ray's lighting speed riffing and Stratovarius' symphonic keyboards, this some excellent metal right here.  Another band to add to my ever-growing list of music to catch up on.

I'm not quite sure what to make of this, actually.  Technical melodic progressive metal with two lead vocalists and an aesthetic borrowing from 80s gritty sci-fi films.  Epic, yet visceral, with lots of jarring time-signature changes.  At the very least, they're on my radar now, and I'll have to check out more!


So here's a project centering around Joel Hoekstra, who has been a guitarist for Whitesnake and TSO (among others).  While the song is decent hard rock, it has quite the lineup, with Russell Allen on vocals, Vinny Appice on drums, Derek Sherinian on keys, and Tony Franklin on bass.  I'm definitely curious to see what else these guys have for 2021.

So they did another silly music video of them playing in their car.  I like their little flag.  As for the song, it's another one of those metal anthems, along the lines of Judas Priest or Saxon.  Still, Piet Sielck sings it with authority, and the riffs are solid, so I can't deny that it works.  Raise the flag, indeed!


No comments:

Post a Comment