Saturday, January 30, 2021

100 Posts!

Taking a look over the blog, I've realized that was getting close to make 100 posts, so I thought I'd use the 100th post to take an opportunity to reflect a little on the few years that I've been writing about rock and metal music.

As a bit of background, I've started other blogs before, focusing on other interests I had at the time, but they never seemed to last too long.  I'd go for a few months, and then end up forgetting about it, then suddenly coming back, full of apologies and promises to recommit myself to writing them, only to fall away again.  I suppose going quiet is the fate of many blogs, if I think about it.  And this blog almost went that way as well.  I started it back in December 2017 and then barely touched it for a year.  It wasn't until December 2018 that I decided to talk about music in earnest.  But even then, I wasn't sure if I would really continue to push on like I have.

Which is kinda why I want to celebrate!  I'm certain this is longest I've gone being a consist blogger, and I feel motivated to continue on.  There's still so much rock and metal music I want to listen to and talk about.  Not only are more new bands and new albums coming out, there are massive gaps in my rock and metal history knowledge that I want to fill in.

Looking back over the blog, not much has changed over these two years.  I decided on my pattern of Last Played and New Videos pretty early on, and I think it's working out for me.  Last year, I added the Anniversary articles, and they have been pretty fun to write, and I'm looking forward to doing more.  At the moment, I am working on other articles, but they're taking a lot of time.  Hopefully, I'll be able to share some of those this year.

Otherwise, it's just been consistent in finding and sharing awesome rock and metal, and while I don't what impact this blog does or will have, I know I'm enjoying making and posting these articles, so I'm going to keep going.  I know there are things I need to work on around here, but I'm excited for the future of what this blog can become.  Here's hoping for another 100 posts!

Until then, rock on!  \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment