Saturday, July 31, 2021

New Videos - July 2021 Part Two!

Squeezing this one in before the month ends!  I've got a few artists coming back, plus some new names, and a new single from my favorite band: Yes!!  Here's the latest videos I've been jamming to.

I don't think I've missed any of the singles from these guys.  Starting off with an acoustic intro, it goes into some aggressive riffing, making me think of the melodic prog from Italy, but the chorus eases up for some anthemic pop metal sounds.  These guys really have an interesting approach to songwriting, but it still results in some awesome rock music!

Here's another band that I've been liking a lot lately!  This is more of a mid-tempo anthemic stomper.  The chorus gets pretty somber, but that only makes the chorus all the more epic.  Sometimes a power metal band player slower song can be a bit of a crapshot, but this is quite solid.

Now this is just plain fun.  Sabaton doing a Manowar cover is not really that surprising, as both bands excel at epic mid-tempo metal, but it's a solid rendering, and a loving homage to a band that is clearly a major inspiration for them.

New Yes will always get my attention, but I wouldn't be posting it here if I didn't think it was also good.  While I don't know if it's amazing, it has been growing on me quite a bit.  It definitely has more energy than the sluggish Heaven & Earth, which is a good sign for this new album.  Hopefully, the rest will be as good.

Mark certainly knows how to make crunch songs!  This is from his solo group Tremonti, and it's a great piece of mid-tempo hard rock.  You'd think that between this, Creed, and Alter Bridge, it would all blend together, but somehow he makes each one sound a little different, and here, it's just straight up post-grunge crunch, and I love it!

Let's finish with some proggy power metal from Costa Rica!  This one is on the dense side, making me think of the styles of Kamelot and Symphony X.  The vocalist sounds more than a little like Russell Allen, actually.  The keyboard runs also make this some pretty epic stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment