Tuesday, August 31, 2021

New Videos - August 2021 Part Two!

Sorry for the delay on this one, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for the last article of August.  Eventually, this one won out, mostly by the fact that it got done first.  In any case, there's plenty to check out, mostly power metal.  Turn it up!

I'm always surprised by how many new bands just keep coming out with new stuff, but I guess these guys have been kicking around Sweden for more than a few years, now.  I don't know if having those pulsing bass synths is normal, but it does push this metal track to the next level of epic, sitting next to the likes of Beast in Black and Primal Fear in style.

While the band is doing some more cross-promotion with a video game, I can't deny Sabaton can still put out fun stuff.  Going back to their well-tread ground of tanks (get it?), they offer another catchy, upbeat stomper.  I kinda wish the music wasn't drowned out by the explosions and tankfire, though.

Speaking of reliable bands, Eclipse keeps bringing the rock!  They seem to have really mastered writing these massive, anthemic, upbeat rockers (this time with a little Beethoven).  Their last album had a bunch of them, and it seems this next one won't be any different.  Incredible stuff.

Rage is another band that's a gap for me.  These German metallers have been going since the 80s, and are often cited for being a part of the early shift into power metal.  However, here, we have something that's more like melodic thrash, making me think of bands like Metal Church and Savage Messiah.  Huge, crunchy riffs, and plenty of energy prove that the band leader Peavy hasn't slowed down.

Hey, remember these guys?  I still never got around to their debut album, but this new video they threw together serves as a good reminder for me to get back to them.  Full of neo-classical energy a la Stratovarius, these guys had some great power metal chops.

Metalium has actually been broken up for nearly 10 years now, but when their founded and bassist Lars Ratz passed away, the remaining members got together to write this song in tribute to him.  To be expected, it's a pretty solid power metal track that balances the crunch with the epic.  I know I'd like to hear them come back, but for now, this is a nice tribute to one of the underdogs of metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment