Friday, December 31, 2021

New Videos - December 2021!

Well, here's one last batch of videos for the end of the year.  This is not as long as November's list, but I was pretty busy catching up on albums for 2021.  However, these videos do give us a peek into what 2022 has in store for us, and it's looking pretty good, I think.  Let's get it on!

I don't know how many AOR groups there are anymore (though I do think Frontiers has picked up at least half of them).  City of Lights is another new for me, and I really like how this sounds.  There's a bit of crunch to this one, giving their sentimental 80s vibe some decent heft, while still giving the keyboards an opportunity to shine.

HammerFall are back!  It's a little strange, with the Halloween imagery, but this is some pretty standard heavy/power metal the band is known for.  I do need to get caught up with their latest releases, as I've kind of gotten behind on those.  Maybe I'll do a quick catchup before their 2022 release.

I'm trying to decide if Dynazty was always in the synth metal style (a la Beast in Black) or if this is a shift for them.  Still, it makes for a very powerful, uplifting track that's backed with some crunchy guitars and a soaring chorus from vocalist Nils Molin.

I'm not quite sure where these guys are from as there are a bunch of bands with the name Spitfire (Germany, maybe?), but this one seems to have a pretty solid mix of hard rock and heavy metal that's pretty energetic.  Can't go wrong with some chest-beating, fist-pumping music!

Well, that was pleasant!  A nice prog epic that seems equal parts Billy Sherwood, Jethro Tull, Rick Wakeman, and Pink Floyd.  It also has that laid-back third-wave prog vibe, establishing some nice atmosphere and giving plenty of room for folky organ noodles and a nice guitar solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment