Tuesday, February 28, 2023

New Videos - February 2023!

Time to get into some new videos again!  Already, there's plenty of solid tracks that get me excited for the releases of this year, especially those from the big names.  Lots of metal this time around, but I promise I'm checking out plenty of rock as well.  In the meantime, check these ones out, as they're likely to get your head banging!

Once again, Metallica has come out screaming.  One thing I noticed with this (and the last song) was how much it felt like they were drawing from the Saxon and Motorhead side of their influences.  They got a bit more of high-energy rock vibe.  I'm scared to get my hopes up, but this could potentially be a solid Metallica album coming in April!

Gus G and his dynamic fretwork is back for more in this heavy/power stomper.  Herbie Langhans sounds as big and gritty as ever, and the rest of the song has solid, uptempo anthemic energy while still keeping things catchy with that melodic synth riff.  

Anthem is another of those bands where I like what I've heard, but I just haven't taken the plunge yet on one of their albums.  They still have their excellent mix of heavy and power metal, making for a very anthemic, uptempo track full of riffs that really get the blood pumping.

Well, I guess that hiatus wasn't very long at all!  Not that I'm complaining, of course.  Right off, their new bassist sounds great, fitting right in with the band's high speed pyrotechnics.  If the rest of the album is like this, I'm sure these Japanese power metal goddesses will find themselves in my Top 5 again!

I knew that when Kamelot announced they were doing a new album that it would be a priority for me.  The visual shift to sci-fi is a bit new (though welcome; it makes me think of the awesome Dune movie), but otherwise it's pretty typical symphonic metal for the group, featuring a pretty anthemic 6/8 groove.  However, I do want to try and catch up on the other two albums before getting to this one, so keep an eye out for those as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment