Tuesday, October 31, 2023

New Videos - October 2023!

Happy Halloween!  Once again, I've got another handful of new videos for you to rock out while you celebrate the spooky season.  Well, okay, not all of these are really Halloween-themed, but they're all pretty good songs, which are never out of season!  Check these out!

While this is a band I keep meaning to catch back up on, but it seems they're plowing ahead with a new single, which hopefully will lead to a new album!  As expected, it's a solid anthemic rocker with a good chorus, as it seems the band hasn't lost a step in all these years!  I'm definitely looking forward to what they do after this.


After they blew me away a few years ago, Sorcerer is back to bring another slab of epic doom metal, with the emphasis on "epic!"  Back are the thick guitars, intense noodly solos, and Anders Engberg's soaring vocals, channeling a bit of Rainbow-era Dio a little.  The hard tempo shift for the solo also got my attention, as this song is more than just another plodding doom rocker!  I need to get into more of this band!

Trying to find a vein of hope in the midst of all the negativity, Firewind sticks with their heavy/power metal sound, which is still pretty solid.  Herbie Langhans gives the song the energy it needs with his charismatic gritty vocals and Gus G provides his pyrotechnic fretwork, making for a crunchy-but-anthemic piece of uplifting music.

While I admit I haven't kept up with Sonata Arctica lately, a number of folks are calling this a return to form of their old school power metal days, and I hear it!  The uptempo harpsichord synths channel the likes of Ecliptica and Winterheart's Guild in a way I haven't heard from them in a while!

I can't believe it's been five years since Firepower.  That was a good album, and with a bit of a synthy start, these legends are intent on carrying on their classic metal assault with another album due next year.  While there are no surprises here, the band is still executing their sound at a high level.

No comments:

Post a Comment