Sunday, January 21, 2024

A Minor Update and Moving Forward with 2024

Hey, all.  I hope everyone is rocking and staying warm this winter.  I ended up being hit with a pretty terrible cold to start the year, so I admit I don't have much to talk about right now.  However, I did want to write up a post talking about how things are going to change around here.

Mainly, I will be dropping the New Videos articles.  After doing them for four years, I've lost interest in doing them.  When something becomes a chore to do is usually a sign to re-assess what's going on, and I admit trying to find and watch a bunch of YouTube videos just to find songs worth talking about was starting to become more work than it was worth.  Of course, this means I won't be doing my Spotify playlists for each one.  For now, I think I'll just stick to having a Best Of for the year and slowly build that as I go.

I'm also planning on splitting my Last Played articles into two.  My goal is to separate my reviews of older albums from my articles discussing current albums.  I speculate this will result in a lot more retro review articles, but I think keeping them separate will be useful in the long run.  So keep an eye out for Retro Reviews and New Releases articles in the future.

My Anniversary Articles are not going anywhere, as I plan to carry that on through this year.  However, after that, I will have done an article for every year in the last 55 years, so I'll need to think about what I'll do after that.  I might still go through the years, but focusing on lesser known albums or something, but I still have time to decide.  I suppose it will depend on what excites me into writing stuff when I get there.\

For now, I'm working hard on my Top 5 for 2023 (which has not been easy!), so plan on seeing that at the end of this month.  I also plan on doing some retrospectives and other articles, but these definitely take a lot of time to pull together.  While I might not be as prolific as I was before, I plan to carry on with this blog for as long as I keep finding great rock and metal music to talk about, and I just don't see that ever ending.  Until then, rock on! \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment