Tuesday, May 14, 2019

New Videos - May 2019 Part Two!

I know I've been focusing on the video articles lately, but things remain busy in my life, so I'm doing all I can.  Excuses aside, I've got some great videos to share, so let's turn it up!


While it is technically an advertisement for a video game, it's hard to deny the catchy, anthemic sounds of Sabaton.  Their style of power-metal-meets-military-history remains unchanged, sounding a great as ever!


Mixing things up, this is the new single from Banco del Mutuo Soccorso, one of the classic bands from the Rock Progressivo Italiano movement, coming back with a new album.  The single has a nice 70s flair, with a dash of folky guitar and jazz drumming.


More catchy power metal!  Here we have Majesty with a hook-laden, uptempo stomper that sounds just plain huge.  They may have also picked up some of Beast in Black's synths as well to help things feel so big.  Great stuff!


I admit I'm not likely to cover thrash metal here (though I am a big fan of it), but when it's this melodic, how can I resist?  With some crunchy riffs and soaring vocals, it sounds like Savage Messiah has found a great balance between thrash and melodic metal!


One more video for the recent Alan Parsons album, we get a kind of pirate-y recap of the creator's career.  The song is classic 80s Project material, though, fitting comfortably between Ammonia Avenue and Vulture Culture.  The thing that troubles me most, though, is how the song makes it sound like the end of Alan Parsons, but I suppose time will tell.


Let's end on another piece of power metal!  Here we have a more neo-classical piece, thanks to ex-Stratovarius shredder Timo Tolkki.  As a massive Stratovarius fan myself, I like a lot of what I'm hearing in this song.  Nice to see him come back!


No comments:

Post a Comment