Monday, February 22, 2021

New Videos - February 2021 Part Two!

Looks like this winter has been pounding some people pretty hard.  I hope everyone is staying safe.  In the meantime, I've got some more excellent rock and metal videos for you to help you get through whatever hard times you might be having!  Music is always such great stress relief.

Hey, I remember these guys!  Kind of an 80s AC/DC with a cleaner singer, this is all about having fun riffs and a driving tempo.  Great, anthemic hard rock.

Another one from Dust Coda.  They guys have such a powerful, straight-forward hard rock crunch that's very catchy.  I really like the build up towards the end on this, as it really turns up the energy!  These guys are definitely a priority for me this year.

I admit that this is another group I have been aware of, but never really gotten to.  Based on this song, I guess I should expect a lot of musical power, broken up by nice melodic segments.  Then again, given the prog pedigree this group has, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.  I know a lot of people are excited about them coming back, and this certainly sounds like a promising effort.

Evergrey just seem to be so reliable with these singles.  Plenty of crunchy and evocative vocals to be found with their stuff.  This one has some interesting, almost chiptune-y synths that make this song a little different.  Well, and the head-down riffing section for the bridge.  Great stuff!

More prog metal!  This band was introduced to me by a friend and feature Billy Sheehan and Jeff Scott Soto, both from Sons of Apollo.  Unsurprisingly, it has a very strong Dream Theater vibe, particularly their darker, moodier stuff.  Still, nice riffs and melodies, backed by a few orchestral elements.

Continuing with our prog streak, this is more of a power metal style of prog, a bit Stratovarius, but with more grit like the German bands.  Plenty of melodies, though, making for a pretty solid release.


No comments:

Post a Comment