Tuesday, March 9, 2021

New Videos - March 2020 Part Two!

Oh, look!  More videos!  Got a bunch of great stuff here, and once again, a little bit of everything.  There's just a lot to look forward to, and catch up on, this year!  Let's get into it!

I know I'm a bit behind on this one, but I can see what everyone was talking about.  Definitely a different tone from our "Party Hard" hero.  Still, despite the dramatic approach, it's over-the-top in a way only Andrew W.K. can provide.  I don't know if this is a new direction or just a one of song, but I can't deny it has a lot of rocking power in it.

Despite a major lineup change, Frozen Crown sound as good as ever.  Of course, with vocals like Giada Etro's, you'd want to keep a band around her!  It might not be anything particularly new, but when it's played this well, I can't complain.  Nice solo work from new member Fabiola Bellomo as well!

The more I hear these guys, the more impressed I am.  This one has a more uplifting vibe, while being completely technical out the wazoo!  The run at about 2/3rds of the way in is incredible, with Petrucci and Rudress playing together so tightly!  Definitely masters at work here!

Another modern pop metal from Sweden, I guess these guys have been around for a while and are making a comeback. They have a gritter approach to their sound, with some chunky riffs, but they keep the anthemic chorus and noodly solos you'd expect.  Solid stuff!

Here's another one from W.E.T.!  While they're clearly building off of the 80s AOR template, I feel like they've really pushed it further than just homage.  Maybe it's just a production thing, but this feels pretty fresh to me.  I really need to listen to more of these guys.

Yep, back to the Italian Prog Metal.  Like the other one of theirs I shared, this one is more on the melodic side, like a fusion of power and prog metal.  I'm not complaining, though!  Very epic stuff, especially with the double-kicking drums and "Ramon" Messina coming back to do vocals.


No comments:

Post a Comment