Friday, October 9, 2020

New Videos - October 2020!

I feel like these last few months are gonna be nuts for me.  So much material to cover, so little time!  Hopefully, I'll be able to cover all that I want to before the year ends.  In the meantime, here's some new stuff I liked.


Starting off with something a little different, Lunatic Soul is a side project for the singer of Riverside, and it seems he's got some interesting vibes for this one.  It starts off kinda folky and moody, but it ends up building to this rather energetic ending that still feels moody and cinematic.  Fascinating piece of music for sure.


Of course, I'm not going to ignore the new AC/DC.  It sounds pretty standard, much like their material on Rock or Bust or Black Ice.  Solid, mid-tempo blues rock like the boys have been playing for over 40 years.


Here's Spirit Adrift again, and it's still kinda different from the other two I've featured.  This one starts off with more of a rockin', NWOBHM vibe before hitting the halfway mark and going for classic Black Sabbath for the second half.  Already, this album seems to quite the variety.


Pyramaze is another band I've seen around, but never heard.  This seems to be more on the melodic prog side, with a heavy dash of melodrama, like Evergrey or Darkwater.  Supported by some symphonic elements, it's a pretty solid, slow-paced piece of epic metal.


I can't believe Vanden Plas is back with another album.  I never did get around to their last one!  VP has always walked on the melodic side of prog metal, and this is no different, though they do throw in some mixed meter for good measure.  I'm rarely disappointed by these guys.


Let's close this one out with some nice AOR.  I guess Michael Palace has been bouncing around the Frontiers Records catalog for a while, and it shows.  This is 80s-tastic and anthemic as anything else that label has released.  Nothing new, but it's a nice, crunchy track of a style that definitely doesn't get enough attention these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment