Thursday, October 22, 2020

New Videos - October 2020 Part Two!

I'm back with some more videos!  Definitely got a good mix of things this time, including prog, power, AOR, and even something dark to finish things off.  Let's get started!

I admit I hadn't heard of this band before, but I guess they've been around for 20 years already.  They seem to be a blend of prog rock and metal, going back and forth between solid crunching and nice atmospheric sections.

Frontiers Records seems to crank these kinda bands out like clockwork, but here's another AOR melodic rock group from them, and I can't deny that they've got this nailed down.  Solid rock with great synths backing it up, sounding like the early 80s never left.

Man, I need to sit down and listen to this album.  DGM always satisfies.  This one is more uplifting and has more of a rock vibe, but that doesn't make it any less of a melodic prog metal epic.  Great stuff, once again.

I can't believe Iron Savior is already putting out another album.  I really enjoyed their last one, and this looks to be more of the same: double-kicking, riff-laden, melody-driven, epic power metal.  I'm definitely excited!

Vanishing Point may be from Austrailia, but they fit right in that Italian Prog Metal style.  Chunky riffing, tight melodies, epic vocals, orchestral sweeps, it's got it all.  Looks like this is another band I'll have to dig into.


Let's finish with something spooky!  Blue Oyster Cult is back with a new album after nearly 20 years, and this cut features their darker side quite well.  Melodramatic, with a rather rocking bridge that shows some nice fingerwork from the guitarists, it makes for a moody tune that works well for this Halloween-themed month.


No comments:

Post a Comment